The Best Companies are Great Game Companies!
What Do Eight Companies on Forbes’ 2016 Best Small Companies List Have in Common? The Great Game of Business and Open Book Management
In late January, Forbes released their Best Small Companies list – and eight of the 25 businesses are Great Game of Business Practitioners!
By implementing the Great Game of Business, companies are building sustainable financial health, one of the six criteria to achieve placement on this prestigious list.
The Great Game practitioners on the list are from varying industries and revenues, illustrating that open-book management is achievable in companies of all shapes and sizes.
Great Game of Business practitioners on the list:
- Askinosie Chocolate – Food and Drink, Springfield, Missouri
- Fresno First Bank – Banking, Fresno, California
- Gainesville Health & Fitness – Fitness Centers, Gainesville, Florida
- Innotec – Manufacturing, Zeeland, Michigan
- New Belgium Brewing – Beverages, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Tasty Catering – Food and Drink, Elk Grove Village, Illinois
- Torch Technologies – Technology Hardware and Equipment, Huntsville, Alabama
- West Paw Design – Manufacturing, Bozeman, Montana
These companies—referred to as small giants, based the book of the same name by Bo Burlingham—have chosen to be great instead of big. Growth is good, but the leaders of these companies have had other, nonfinancial priorities as well, such as being great at what they do, creating great places to work, providing exceptional service to customers, and making contributions to their communities.
Want to learn more about the Great Game of Business? Leave your details below to find out more.